Saturday, August 21, 2021

Here's the latest from my good friend, Buckeye Mike, of Ohio, wearing a newly purchased Union Suit and reminding us that cool weather is just around the corner. 

This Union Suit fan emails:  

"Perhaps you remember me asking awhile ago if you had any experience with lighter weight union suits. I was hoping to get something lighter weight to wear both earlier and later in the cold season. Well I decided to try a Hanes X-Temp one, after reading some reviews. They are only available in red and navy (at least at this time). I was hoping to get a cream or oatmeal one but settled for red. Even though at 11 pm it was still 70 degrees and too warm to wear ever to bed, I still had to try it on. I like the way it fits and hope it doesn’t shrink. Maybe I will line dry it to be on the safe side. Here is a pic. As I have told you before, I like my unions to fit on the snug (but not tight) side and this one seems to provide what I was looking for in terms of weight and fit. Looking forward to being able to give it a full day’s wearing. ...Buckeye." 



And, here's the monthly Boy and his Grandpa illustration. 

Grandpa prefers long red underwear like Buckeye:


Another Union Suit Fan enjoying his new Union Suit, reminding us to get ready for cold weather:














Also, comin' soon to my companion blog, Union Suit Fans in the Limelight, a new posting: Long Underwear Bands, like The Long Johns Band.  Watch for them and others for their interesting and amusing stories!  





2 comments:

  1. I must admit I am a little jealous of the guy in the new white union suit. That's more like what I was looking for in a light weight suit. I occasionally do dress up and a dress shirt looks better with a white or light cream union suit under it. If any of you union suit fan blog readers have any recommendations for a white or light colored union suit please let me know. As Chris said, union suit weather will be upon us shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Indera Mills. I just bought new white unionsuits with the Indera brand. Perfect weight for year round wear. I like to wear mine year round. I believe I bought mine through Amazon. Chockscatalog.com use to carry white shirt sleeved and tank unionsuits. Not sure if they do still…

    ReplyDelete