Monday, February 28, 2022

 February's Hy Hintermeister's

     Boy and His Grandpa posting.... 





Boots, jeans, flannel shirt and, like grandpa, sleeves rolled up 
showing off long red underwear underneath.


Added March 3, 2022: I received the following email from Samuel of Boston, Mass yesterday....

"Hey, Chris. In that photo of you standing in your flannels and jeans, it looks like summer time with the green leaves in the background. Do you have on union suit underwear? I have to ask, do you wear your long underwear year round?

I live in Boston, work outside and wear union suits a good part of the year... Samuel."


Hi Samuel: Coincidentally, my wife took that photo in Vermont near the Appalachian Trail while we were hiking in late May a couple of years ago. Yes, I was wearing a union suit. I wear only union suits (I don't own any two piece thermals) a good part of the year back at my home outside Sandpoint, Idaho, not too far south of the Canadian border. Typically, although it can vary depending on cooler weather, I pull on my long johns in late September and wear them 24/7 through May and many times into the first week or two of June. Because I live on a lake in the mountains, I generally wear lighter weight union suits to bed all summer long as we leave the windows open all night for that cool, mountain air. 

However, last summer, August was so very hot and smoky due to wild fires in the west, we had to have our windows closed. Since we don't have, or usually need, central air-conditioning, no union suits to bed. Then, I wore just a pair of boxer shorts, as I haven't worn pj's since I was a little boy. 

So, there you have it. Thanks for viewing my blogs and checking in.. Chris


Added March 20, 2022: I received the following email from Samuel of Boston, Mass:  

"It is suppose to reach a balmy high of 40's (fahrenheit) today, crawling into the high 50's later this week. So, I'll confess to wearing my union suits for awhile longer. Then its hit or miss in the month of April. By May, I may still pull on a union suit but expect to also be wearing boxer shorts some days. Like Buckeye Mike, I wear athletic cut undershirts in the late spring and summer."

The main thing is to stay warm and comfortable, Sammy Boy. Thanks for checking back with me.... Chris


1 comment:

  1. Chris: That pic of you in the woods with your red underwear sticking out here and there is how I look a lot of the time...Buckeye Mike (Ohio)

    ReplyDelete