Saturday, April 30, 2022

My Octogenarian Friend, a Long Time Long Underwear Wearer 




Coach Les, who makes his home in the mid-Atlantic region of the U.S., may tribute his longevity to the comfort and warmth he enjoys by wearing long underwear, both union suits and two piece thermals. This octogenarian
 and I, both long underwear fans, have been emailing for several years now. I've wanted to feature his story in pictures for some time, so was very pleased when he acquiesced. 

You see, he doesn't just talk about wearing long underwear, he walks the talk by wearing union suits and long thermal two piece underwear year round, 24/7. 

And, he doesn't let grass grow under his feet! 


That's right, Coach Les stays busy traveling, appearing on local television, conducting travel shows on stage, overseeing monthly dance events, and playing the piano!



Recently, he traveled to Vermont to purchase a very special chair, referred to as the "Vermont Folk Rocker."  He tells me it is "ultra comfortable with flexible panels strung through the frame with 5/16 nylon rope. It feels like an upholstered seat rather than solid wood." His chair is made of red oak. Beautiful!




On particularly cold days in the northeast, Coach Les will layer up in his underwear. The coach sports not one but two union suits as seen in the photos below:




He is shown below sporting a gray union suit although his preference is typically white underwear: 


And here he is in his two piece thermal underwear: 


Thanks, Les. Here's to many more years... Chris



The End



11 comments:

  1. Great pictures and story of a fellow union suit wearer. I like you wear mine most of the year. Will soon be a 24/7 year round wearer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myron: Do you wear two-piece thermals like Les or just union suits like me, Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both Two piece thermals and union suits. I like wearing my red or white union suits best!

      Delete
  3. Thanks coach Les. Great pics and story. The older I get, the colder I get. I have worn two union suits at the same time when I worked outside in extremely cold weather and more recently trick or treating with my grandchildren when I dressed as a zombie. Each year I suit up earlier in the fall and stay suited later in the spring. At this rate I too will be buttoned up all year in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry there. I neglected to sign the above post….Buckeye Mike

      Delete
    2. Buckeye Mike:Liked Your Unionsuit Fan Reply. I began to get Cold and then Colder on a Daily Basis in My 20’s, so I decided to begin to Dress from the “Inside Out” in Unionsuit👍, instead of Dressing from the“Outside Halfway In” wearing Conventional Underwear👎! That was almost 60 Years Ago and I have been Totally Comfortable and Feeling Great on a Daily Basis ever since in Long Underwear, specifically Buttoned Up👏! If You wish “to be Buttoned Up All Year in the not to distant future,” as You Stated, allow Me to advise You that 5.5 Oz Indera Classic and 6.3 Oz Duofold Unionsuits are the Greatest for Warmer and Hotter
      Weather👊! Check It Out! You just might become a Year Round Unionsuit Addict😄! Good Luck🤝!
      Les

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the information and advice. I hate being cold and I’m sure I will soon be buttoned up year round. I usually feel cold when others are not!

      Delete
    4. I appreciate hearing from You. Like You, I always used to be Cold when others weren’t, but since I began Dressing “Inside Out” from Wrist to Ankle, that problem went away🤗! Good Luck and let Me know how the Future unfolds for You Down The Road👊!
      Les

      Delete
    5. I will Les. Buttoned and comfortable!

      Delete
  4. No doubt, union suits keep a man young at heart (and warm)… Eddie of New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I wear my union suits from around Labor Day in the fall until Memorial Day in the spring. Because I don’t like feeling cold as I get older I start wearing sooner in the fall and longer in the spring. Don’t think it will be long until I wear them year round. They make me feel warm and comfortable.
    Myron from North Dakota.

    ReplyDelete