Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Suits Suit Some of uS even in the Summertime!  

Even as the summer heat swelters over most of the U.S, as well as up in Canada, a few of us are pleased we're able to survive cool mornings outside in our union suits. And boy does a cup of joe add to the enjoyment.

As an extra bonus, I'm able to sleep in my union suit summer nights each year with the windows wide open! That is, when the dense, dangerous smoke from western wild fires dissipates enough to do so.



So herein are hearty individuals that wear our long johns right through the summer. No need to wait for autumn!  Now that's what you'd call "Union Suit Fans."

Surely it's no Surprise that Union Suits Simply Suit Some of uS for Setting the Summer Scene.


  
 






Enjoy the summer, boys. We'll be scooping snow before you know! 









And thanks, Retro Jeff for encouraging us to take a Summer Break (Union Suit fans send me your outdoor summer union suit break so I can add you to these dudes!)




14 comments:

  1. Wearing a union suit or other long underwear right through summer is great. Once you get used to wearing another long layer under your clothes, it becomes a habit that is hard to break. There are times when the temps are rather hot and humid that I may wear a t-shirt on top but I always have the long bottoms on. I found that when the temp is up and the sun is out, wearing a long sleeve layer on to keeps the sun off my arms and feels better to me than the sun. Of course I have long leg jeans on too and another layer under them doesn't feel that hot. I have enjoyed the feeling of wearing long underwear or a union suit under my clothes since I was little and continue to do so today. Not to mention, it just looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anonymous: good to hear from you! Give us an idea where abouts you live, a place where you can wear long underwear in hot and humid temperatures.
      BTW: My most popular posting comments are those that identify by themselves by name or nickname and add their hometown, or at least area of the country. It's very interesting for my viewers AND me to know where fellow union suit fans are coming from!
      You mention layering and wearing long johns and union suits "just look cool." How do you show off the underwear you are wearing under your clothes. I roll up my sleeves and unbutton 2 or 3 buttons on my outer shirt to show off my union suit..... Thanks for checking my blogs and adding a great comment... Chris

      Delete
    2. Thanks for reading my comment and asking questions. I live in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area near Lake Michigan. In the spring and some of the summer, it is always cooler near the lake. Even when I was working in a factory, I wore my long underwear at least 8 months of the year and as often as I could in the summer. Now that I am retired I just enjoy myself and wear long underwear or union suits all year long. It is a rare occasion that I tuck my legs into my socks. I just like them hanging over the socks and they do show when I sit in the recliner or cross the legs. I often (especially in the warm weather) wear a short sleeve t-shirt over whatever long underwear I have on top. In cool or colder times I love flannel shirts. When wearing them, I will at times roll up my sleeve and let the long underwear show. I usually keep a few buttons un done to you can also see what I am wearing under the shirt at my neck. There are times when doing dirty tasks that I will wear some old jeans that have holes worn in them. Obviously my long underwear will show through them too. I do enjoy this blog site and visit it pretty often. It would be great to have my name on the posting but I am not sure how to go about getting that done. If you or anyone else has questions or comments I welcome e mails too. Michael michael1538@aol.com

      Delete
  2. Chris,
    I really liked Your Summertime Article about wearing The World’s Greatest Inner Layer of Clothing The Unionsuit, as well as the Pictures of some of Our Real Unionsuit Buddies who know the Comfort and Benefit of The Unionsuit regardless of the Warmer and Hotter Temps. Predominately Long Sleeve Unionsuits and Occasionally 2 Piece Raschel
    Thermal Knit Long Underwear has served Me Daily Year Round Forever and The Summertime for Many Moons has had Me almost Daily in the Indera Classic Long Sleeve Lightweight 5.5 oz Unionsuit for that Total Unionsuit Comfort and Feeling from Wrist to Ankle. Let’s All of Us Unionsuitors Stay Buttoned and Benefit 24/7:365👊! Coach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. (24/7/365days)

      Delete
    2. Happy You agree with My Belief in Summertime Unionsuit Wear, but it also applies to the Rest of the Year as well which is why We Both appreciate the 24/7:365 Comfort and Feeling from Wrist to Ankle👊! Coach-Keep in Touch!

      Delete
    3. Hi Coach! You don't often comment re: my postings but great to hear from you in this format. Love your emails / photos. Apprectiate you, my friend. Remind my readers the area of the country you reside in....Chris

      Delete
    4. I agree with Coach, the Indera union is so comfortable. After one season they stretch around the neck a bit but I’m ok with that. I have both the red and white unions.Artie up in Maine

      Delete

  3. I live in Florida and my summer outfit is shorts and a T-shirt-- the union suit stays in the dresser drawer, though I got some use out of it last winter here. And I am taking it with me next month when I do a huge road trip up to Canada and ultimately to Newfoundland which will include some camping in a tent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello: Anonymous. Thanks for checking in with us here in Union Suit Fan-ville. I receive emails and some comments from union suit wearers in Florida believe it or not. Have you contacted me before? And I hear quite often from union suit fans from Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, sometimes even Lousianna. Can you give us a first name or nickname and a general area of where in Florida you live or home town? Always interesting to me and my readers. ...Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myron of North Dakota: Good day, my friend; great to hear from you. It's been awhile. Glad you're still kickin' in those button-ups of yours. Stay in touch....Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting all the pictures, stories and comments posted. Enjoy hearing from fellow unionsuit fans! Unions suits are always my go to wear! Whether long sleeves/long legs or short sleeve/short leg unionsuits.
    Myron from ND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myron-I like reading Your Comments on being able to Stay Daily in Long Underwear specifically the Unionsuit and occasionally the 2 Piece Raschel Thermal Knit Style like Myself! Let’s both of Us continue to Thrive and Benefit from Wearing Only the “World’s Greatest Inner Layer of Clothing!” Coach🤝!

      Delete
    2. If you would like to chat, send me an email. mjjohns48@yahoo.com

      Delete