Thursday, August 27, 2026

Salutations depuis la France.


Jérôme in his Longue Caleçon
Earlier this month, my favorite Frenchman, Jérôme, was one of those featured in the Union Suit Fan posting for National Underwear Day, August 5th. He happily joined us Americans in celebrating this recognized holiday. France is the United States oldest ally. And these days, the French are still joining us in their long, buttoned-down underwear.

Jérôme has a large collection of union suits. He surpasses the dozen or so one-piece combinaisons that I own and wear. 
He emailed me recently of venturing outside on a hot day in France in just a favorite union suit of his:  

"That day, I took advantage of my wife being away to get dressed and go out like that; she doesn't understand why I’d wear long underwear in warm weather—plus, that purple union suit is a bit too thick for the heat. It was 28°C (82°F) that day; I do sometimes wear them in temperatures up to 30–32°C (86–90°F), but lighter ones. Jérôme"

Thanks Jérôme Union Suit fraternity!  

    

Wash day:

 
  


2 comments:

  1. WOW Jerome. Your union suit collection looks as extensive as mine. However you have way more colors than I do. Sorry but I couldn’t get the accents on your name like Chris did. Blame it on the cheap help!!……..Buckeye Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , Jerome's collection makes my set of red, white, grey, ecru, and camo union suits look rather drab by comparison.----- Retro Jeff in Illinois

      Delete