Thursday, August 20, 2026

Stanfield's Fit Much Better After Washing

So many of you have purchased and swear by the quality, warmth and fit of Canadian Union Suit Manufacturer, Stanfield's, that I continue to feature photos, articles and ads over the past ten years in this blog. I have recommended them to those of you who have emailed asking what kind of union suits you should buy. 

One blog follower who contacted me over the past year in this regard was Artie up in Maine. Upon my suggestion, he ordered Stanfield's on-line and eagerly anticipated their arrival. He had been unhappy with his other union suits.

When the Stanfield's combinations arrived, his package exhibited a white premium union suit (which is no longer offered by the company). But inside, the underwear he ordered was red. 

So soon, I imagine, he opened the new package and pulled them on! But, hmmm....

The fit was, well, look for your self:


Well, the quality was good, the underwear was warm but the length of arms and legs were too long, the crotch extended too far down, and he ended up with a really baggy seat. Ole Artie didn't want to be known as "droopy drawers" and could not help being disappointed!  He sent me the above photos of him modeling the new union suit and commented:

"The Stanfield union suit is much better quality than the Indera, buttons well attached and an overall nice feel. The sizing on the Stanfield’s is different, the torso is extremely long giving them a “droopy drawers” feeling. Maybe the fit will be better after a wash and dry.  My Indera’s fit better.  I’ll definitely wear the Stanfield's to work but I probably won’t wear them to bed with my wife. She would find them more humorous than sexy....Artie"

Not overly discouraged, Artie wore his bulky long handles, washed them, wore them, washed them and before too long, they fit him very well. He emailed:

 "I’ve always been a white long johns guy.  I did get a wash and dry on the Stanfield’s. They fit so much better. Feel really good....Artie"

After I inquired again last week how the suit was working out, he emailed me this updated photo... 

"Chris I love my Stanfield’s ! After a few washing’s they fit much better. I put them on this morning and took a photo for USF. Last winter was the coldest in 30 years and the Stan’s were my go to union suit. Wish I could get them in white. Hope all is well. Artie"


So, my New England Union Suit buddy, is satisfied with his long underwear purchase: I supposed I'll be able to continue advising "new-bees" to our union suit fraternity that they can have confidence in ordering and wearing Stanfield's....Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment