Saturday, August 15, 2020

Doyle's Wager

Samuel of Boston, Mass sent the following email to me with an attachment this past week. He and I thought it a hoot and worthwhile to pass along: 

"Chris, while perusing the internet a few years ago, I ran across and saved an article that appeared to be a chapter from an on-line book. It was about the loss of a football wager that a man named Dave Doyle had experienced and written about. Since I have really enjoyed the postings submitted by Tom and his wagers with RC, I thought you might take a look. Wager payoffs by running around in union suits must be great fun although I'm afraid I'm not brave enough to do so myself. Attached is the article. Hope you enjoy it, Samuel."

Thanks, Samuel. I am pleased you sent me this article. Some of my best postings are from guys like you who take the time to email me with items they have run across, i.e., photos, articles and the like. I, too, really enjoy Tom and RC's wager antics. I encourage you to make a bet or two and, win or lose, enjoy the ride. You may remember even straight-laced Ritchie Cunningham paid off a bet by running around in his union suit at the local Milwaukee teen, drive-in hang out, another posting of mine from the TV show "Happy Days."  

If Dave Doyle of mozart.unm.edu is viewing Samuel's posting, I hope you will check in with me and let us Union Suit Fans know of any more of your exploits. You wrote a fun and entertaining story. In the meantime, I hope you won't mind if we pass along, "Me and My Union Suit."



(You May Need to Enlarge to Read this Article) 

As previously posted, here's RC at the office dressed in his underwear and socks and hard at work after losing his first wager to his pal, Tom...

RC, Union Suit Fan


1 comment:

  1. "A bet is a bet" I've always heard, but Dave Doyle and RC take it to an all new level. These guys are fun and the type of gutsy union suit wearers I'd like to have a beer with! Keep it up guys! ...Chase (Monroe, Louisiana)

    ReplyDelete