Sunday, August 9, 2020

Look for the Union Label...
Another one piece underwear label aka "Knit Goods" (added October 2, 2020):


Union Suit Labels just keep rolling in...

These from Canton Ohio's Buckeye Mike's underwear collection. You've gotten to know him from his several "Guest Contributor" Union Suit Fan (USF) postings . Buckeye emails: 

"Good evening, Chris. Here are a few labels to add. I didn't see any of these in your posts. Of course, I've been known to miss things before.

The red Carhartt is an old one. In fact, it's one my dog took a bite out of. It has been featured prominently in USF in my intro story and also the cowboy pics you have posted.

The grey Jockey union suit was also in my intro posting and the coffee cup shot. And, of course, the grey Standfield's is none other than Buckeye Ubb's underwear attire of choice! 
Until the next time... Buckeye Mike"

















And below, San Antonio John, a good buddy and Union Suit Fan, emails more labels from his collection of long, one-piece underwear as well. He's been a guest contributor to this blog too: 

"Chris: I’m not sure if these photos would be part of your labels postings but they are ones I use for hunting season, except for the last two which are used for indoors at home and at the office. Yes, thanks to you, I do wear the red ones under a white shirt. LOL! Be safe, John"








Medium Weight Combinations
I had never heard of John's "WindsorWear" union suits but sure enough, they were manufactured in Nova Scotia, Canada, not surprisingly. There, "Sous-vĂȘtements" means "Underwear," used by French Canadians. From the above labels and the two you sent me previously and posted earlier, I'm betting you own more different manufacturers of union suits than anyone! Thanks, John ...Chris


Heavy Weight Combinations
Years ago, ads for Munsingwear pitched to their purchasers, "Don't say Underwear, Say Munsingwear." So, I'm wondering if in Canada WindsorWear advertisements advised, "Don't say Sous-vĂȘtements, Say WindsorWear." 


1 comment:

  1. Chris, I think now they say Stany since Stanfield‘s is the dominant factory. Windsor ceased operations a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete