Tuesday, September 13, 2022

 Union Suits, All Packaged Up and Ready To Go






If you have other packaged or boxed union suit pictures, email those to me and I will add to this posting....Chris

 cayersnd@gmail.com 

Packaged Stanfield's Added Sept. 17, 2002 from Ron Payne...


and these from Charlie of Lincoln, NE:



Charlie:  I owned both of these type union suits back in the day, same packaging!
 The long sleeve white J.C. Penneys and that Red with white borders Rib Knit!
The above red one was the first colored union suit I ever owned. 

And added Sept. 21st from San Antonio John
"Nothing Measures Up to Wool:




4 comments:

  1. Oh, those were the days when you could go the a store and find union suits and other long underwear on the shelves or racks. Although today we have the internet with tons of resources to find union suits and long underwear at, I still miss being able to walk into a store and just pick up a new union suit. I really like seeing the new, in the package union suits that you guys have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up back in the 80's and 90's, union suit was hard to come by. I remember my very first union suit I've had, it was back in Thanksgiving of 1990, I just barely moved to a small town in Northern California, my grandparents visited the family for Thanksgiving. We've visited a general store in town, my grandma bought me red union suit to get ready for the winter. Ever since I've wore them, I felt in love with them!

      Delete
    2. I'm with you, "Anonymous". I got my first union suit when I was a young teenage boy while shopping with my grandma. That first one has always been special to me as I had been wearing two piece thermals all my life before then. I've been wearing union suits ever since and haven't looked back regarding long underwear.
      How about you? How old were you for that first one.... Check in with me via email.... Chris

      Delete
    3. That's cool! I was 13 when I had my very first union suit. I forgot what brand it was, but it was red with white seam. I will email you some pictures of me in union suit. Michael

      Delete