Saturday, August 10, 2024

"Good Heavens to Betsy" as My Union Suit clad Grandpa Use to Say!

Union Suit Fans, I missed National Underwear Day this past Monday, a day of celebration every August 5th! But, but I had a good excuse. I really did. I was in the northern reaches of Canada on a fishing trip without benefit of the internet (which isn't necessary a bad thing from time to time). So I couldn't post a thing. In this case, I missed recognizing a favorite national holiday for us union suit wearers. 

However, I was wearing my union suit that day (and all days) as the day time temperatures were chilly and the nights down right cold. Here's proof:


That's me in my favorite underwear, taken by my fishing partner. I would show you a picture of him but I didn't take one. Primarily because he was in his inferior two piece thermal underwear. And, he is a union suit wearer just like you and me!  Go figure.

You know by now, I try to avoid posting underwear fans who are not union suit fans. So you don't see many wearing two piece long johns in this blog.

Anyway, I hope you had a great day celebrating, and that you wore your favorite underwear!





(Sorry, I couldn't find an official
National Underwear Day image
of guys wearing union suits)

Added August 11th: And just in, look what Buckeye Mike of Ohio wore on National Underwear Day this year:


Polka-dotted Boxer Shorts with
Athletic Shirt

Added August 12th: In his comments below, Retro Jeff of Illinois mentioned that it was way to warm for him to wear a union suit on August 5th where he lives. So, he wore binkini underwear. That night the temp dropped with the next day being cooler. So, he pulled on a union suit for the day. Thanks for not modeling that green abbreviated underwear, Retro.



8 comments:

  1. Welcome back Chris. Hope your fishing trip was a good one. So nice to hear from you again……Buckeye Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Buckeye. The trip was fantastic. Good to hear from you too. Let us know what you wore for National Underwear Day this past Monday! (I was in my red union suit all day as seen above)... Chris

      Delete
  2. Good to have you back Chris! Sorry you weren't available for a National Underwear Day posting, but we can make up for it now. N UW Day here in northern Illinois was in the mid 90's with a real feel temperature of 108 so I was wearing darn little besides my green bikini underwear. The following day, temps didn't get out of the 60's so I broke out one of my lighter weight white cotton vintage short sleeve union suits. I don't believe I have ever worn a union suit this early in August, but not gonna lie, it sure felt good with the cool day! ----- Retro Jeff in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m right there with you Retro, except for the bikinis that is. Lol. It was nearly 90 degrees here in NE Ohio on National Underwear Day. Way too warm for this boy to be buttoned up hence the boxer shorts. However we have had some downright chilly overnight temps and I have been donning a union suit when I get up in the morning and even wore one to church this past Sunday. Haven’t worn one all day yet but if this weather pattern keeps up it won’t be long until I do just that. Btw nice to hear from you again. I always enjoy your comments and additions to this blog…….Buckeye Mike

      Delete
    2. Thank you Buckeye Mike. I always look forward to seeing your comments and contributions too. It turned so chilly here immediately after National Underwear Day that I was in my unions almost exclusively for several days. I told Chris that the first time you have the need to slip one on, near the end of Summer, it feels like a big warm hug from an old friend! I usually start union suit season with my lighter weight short sleeved ones and finish in the Spring the same way. I keep watching ebay for a short sleeve/short leg model so I can extend the season of wear a bit longer. I never have been a boxer boy. Just too much material bunched up around my middle. Same reason I prefer a well fitted, fairly snug union suit. My vintage finds always fit so much better than new ones. My picture, wearing a union suit and holding bikini underwear, represents two extremes in underwear as well as our volatile Midwestern weather. ----- Retro Jeff in Illinois

      Delete
  3. Like Buckeye, it was too warm for me to be wearing a union suit here in Rhode Island, so I wore just my boxer shorts and no undershirt that day. But I look forward to someday soon getting back into my union suits! Happy belated National Underwear Day to all my fellow union suit boys!
    Hope some of you got to wear your union suits like Chris did up in Canada.
    ….Rhode Island Randall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Temperatures here at my lake place in Minnesota have been around 50 in the morning and in 60’s during the day for the last week so I have been wearing my union suits every day. On National Underwear Day I was wearing a white unionsuit. That is what I have on today too. Hope you had a great fishing trip Chris!
    Myron from ND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year we union suit fans have to adapt to temperatures. Seems National Underwear Day was not lost on any of us. Awhile back, Retro Jeff, suggested we start a National Union Suit Day but hold it in January or February. Now that's a good more appropriate idea for those of us who prefer union suits. Somebody get that started on a national level and I will support...Chris

      Delete