Friday, August 30, 2024

Another Ghost Story?!

Well, another rhyme anyway. In April 2023, I posted several stories of apparitions* through rhyme. They were of various ghosts, including the one haunting Retro Jeff's home in Illinois (see those referenced below). Here's another:  

    Ghost arising from his mausoleum

          You'll shake and shudder if you see him

    Stripped when he died, but not quite bare

          The deceased was buried in his underwear!



 

 
 

Of course I returned for my clothes. 
You didn't expect me to go through eternity 
wearing only my union suit, did you?



Previous Ghost Stories
found in Union Suit Fan:


Ghost in the Attic
Posted April 5, 2023
















Ghost in the House
Posted April 15, 2023

 


The Ghost of Colonel Sanders
Posted April 28, 2023




Once, I figured ghosts wore only white union suits when they beleaguered this world. 
As you can plainly see, ghosts wearing red union suits also haunt. 
Apparently, about 50% of them.

I suppose it depends on what underwear you're wearing 
when you "kick the bucket!"


In folkore, a ghost is the soul or spirit of a dead person or non-human animal
 that is believe to have the ability to appear to the living. Hence, an "apparition."

If you have a ghost, spirit, or apparition story with him (it) in his union suit
or a photo of such, email it over to me for publication in this blog... Chris


5 comments:

  1. Another great post Chris. Unfortunately I don’t have any ghost stories to share. Here’s wishing you and all our USF buddies a happy Labor Day weekend. Hard to believe we’re at the end of summer already and soon headed into union suit weather. ……..Buckeye Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the summer but a long fall is nice for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Great ghost poem, Chris. Haven’t seen one yet, but I’ll keep looking for a ghost in his union suit, red, or white, maybe gray…. Rhode Island Randall

    ReplyDelete
  4. That make up job on Donald Sutherland really was kind of scary! I have a strange but true poltergeist story I could share but, unfortunately, it does not involve union suits. My resident ghost seems to be more active during union suit weather, Chris, so maybe I can capture him on film again closer to Halloween. ----- Retro Jeff in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Donald Sutherland in that red ghostly underwear. Hopefully you can capture your union suited ghost before Halloween. We'll look forward to your sending his photo...Chris

      Delete