Saturday, May 4, 2024

 Good Morning, Union Suit Fans!

And, for me, what a special morning it is! On this very day, eight years ago, I  began this blog, mostly for my own entertainment. But it wasn't long before I realized it was also pretty entertaining for many of you. The response has been greater than I had hoped. I've previously stated herein that I wasn't sure just how many of you still purchased and enjoyed wearing my favorite underwear, union suits. I knew our dads, grandpas, uncles, and older brothers did, and even the 1960's Mercury Seven Astronauts, a little grimy after their survival stint out in the desert, left in just long underwear and parachutes! 

But what about the more contemporary long underwear participants of today? Well I soon found out. 

Thanks for your overwhelming interest and participation, those of you in the United States as well as across the globe. I can't say it often enough, any success this blog has had is because of you...sending in your photos, stories, articles, and memories. Union suit wearers are the best!

So, in your honor, I'm beginning today and will post throughout the month of May, recognition of Union Suit Fans, an idea conceived and recommended to me by one of my newer union suit buddies, Illinois' Retro Jeff, a fun and fantastic contributor to Union Suit Fan

Jeff emails: "Chris, Do people out West put out "Proud Union Member" yard signs like they do here in the Midwest? Here's my version for our Brotherhood of Union Suit Fans....Retro"

Over the next few days, Retro Jeff created and sent me several versions of Proud Union (Suit) Member "signs."  

For the next month, every day or so, I will be presenting and thanking those of you have emailed me pictures of yourselves, wearing one-piece long underwear along with one of Retro's Union Member sign creations to celebrate your on-going support of this blog. Watch for recipients of the International Brotherhood of Union Suit Fans!

I'll start today with those boys I featured years ago in the very first posting of Union Suit Fan. After today, I will literally draw names out of a hat to feature those of you who have participated with my heartfelt THANKS!

From May 4, 2016, two postings that day, hallmarking anonymous union suit wearers:

UNION SUITS ARE FASHIONABLE 

ESPECIALLY WITH COLORFUL SOCKS!


He's wearing Long Underwear
and Socks from J.J. Crew


             

Why are these Boys outside 

in Just Their Long Red Underwear?

  1. Tom emails: As the father of three teenage boys and a 10 year old son, I have given up trying to figure these kids out. Boys do silly, crazy, and sometimes dangerous things. So, why are these boys outside in just their union suits? Who knows?

  2. winterskins69 replied to this photo as to why these boys are outside in their underwear:
    Waiting to use the outhouse, of course: a two holer no doubt.

  3. Chris: I suppose that could have been an outhouse those boys were entering while weariing their union suits, but it could be they were getting snowboard or ski equipment out of there. My family keeps our skiing and sledding gear back in our shed. And, I wouldn't put it past my son whose about these boys' age to go outside in just his red union suit underwear for no good reason! Rhode Island Randall


No comments:

Post a Comment