Monday, May 20, 2024

 International Brotherhood of Union Suit Fans! 

From New York to Texas, residing in the panhandle of the Lonestar state, that is. There we find Lonestar Mike. I've known him for a little over a year now. Like me, Mike got his first union suit from his grandma when he was a little boy. Let's hear the story from him:

"Growing up, I watched a good amount of western movies with my dad. I was fascinated how the cowboys were dressed and what caught my eye was when they wore one-piece long underwear. I'm thinking in my head, "oooh that looks cozy."  I asked my dad "can I have a pair of them long underwear?"  He told me they're hard to come by and laughed at me.  

Summer of 1990, I just finished grade school and moved to a small town in the northern part of California. By the time Thanksgiving came, my grandparents visited us for the holiday. We went to town to do some shopping for warmer clothes. I remember visiting an old general store and saw a red union suit. I ask my grandma, "can you buy me this one piece long underwear?" She was happy to buy them for me. When I got home, I hurried and put them on, I felt so cozy!!  That was my first love of a union suit.

My grandma was from the Appalachia mountains of Virginia. Her father and brothers wore union suits back in the day. As for my grandpa, he told me he had worn union suits in his early years."

All grown up, Lonestar still wears those red union suits!


Like Jack who climbed the beanstalk, Mike has been climbing upward since he was that little boy in a new, cozy red union suit his grandma purchased for him, not all that long ago.


He's had other fun advertures in his union suit too. For example, on Halloween.  


Lonestar Mike, a true brother, is a member of the 
International Brotherhood of Union Suit Fans!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. Oh, by the way, I'm from California not New York. Actually I been to New York once back in Thanksgiving 86. Lonestar Mike.

    ReplyDelete