Tuesday, May 14, 2024

International Brotherhood of Union Suit Fans!  ...Cornhusking Robbie

We now go from an eighty year old man to a fifteen year old boy. Anybody remember Robbie from Hastings, NE, sitting in a tree in his long red underwear, posted June 3, 2017?  

His dad sent in a couple of his photos, goofing off the previous winter. Brrr... Nebraska in winter? Talk about macho!

Unlike recently posted Charlie, there was no referencing "Underwearing" from Robbie's dad. I think the term must have been invented after 2017. But underwearing, he did, like being outside in the snow, standing on his head, wearing only socks, boots and a union suit!



Here you go Robbie! You very much deserve to be in "the Brotherhood." Thanks dad for a fun memory!


In that posting of Robbie in his underwear back in June of 2017, I also added these two up a tree in their underwear. But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why two grown men climbed a big oak in their union suits! 




And for good measure, I added Frank Sinatra in his Union Suit to that posting with him rehearsing his movie, Dirty Dingus Magee but not because he was up a tree... 

...but because he was in the bushes and....


because he made famous the song, "Button Up Your Overcoat" with one of the versus about wearing your flannel underwear when you climb a tree. Robbie is the epitome of that old song:

     Button up your overcoat
     When the wind is free
     Take good care of yourself
     You belong to me.
        Wear your flannel underwear
        When you climb a tree
        Oh, take good care of yourself
        You belong to me.


5 comments:

  1. Union suit wearers up a tree?! Had not thought of that. I prefer wearing my union suits safely on the ground....
    Rhode Island Randall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you RI Randall. After my recent "Space adventure" (LOL) I too prefer wearing my union suits safely on the ground. ----- Retro Jeff in Illinois

      Delete
    2. That would do it, Retro…. Rhode Island Randall

      Delete
  2. Heh Chris: this is Robbie, the Nebraska boy in the tree wearing red long underwear. I’ve been enjoying your blogs ever since my dad sent you those pics of me goofing off out in our backyard.
    My dad since died and I’m older now but me and several of my relatives still wear union suits, red of course. After all, we are Big Red Nebraska Husker football fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie: heh, back atcha! Great hearing from you after what, 7 Years? You're a young man now, not that 15 year old kid caught in his red union suit up a Nebraska tree. Sorry to hear about your dad. I appreciated him sharing the photo of you for a great posting, introducing others up a tree or in the bush.
      Since you're still wearing unions, you'll have to send us an updated photo(s) and tell us what you are up to now days....working, school? I see Nebraska won their first football game yesterday. My forebearers (farmers) came from Nebraska, although I've lived in Idaho all my life. Hope you and the Huskers have a great year! ....Chris

      Delete