Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Jack and the Beanstalk

Ryan of Brighton, NY emailed me to ask if I remembered or knew of a "Jack and the Beanstalk" episode shown on TV in the 1980's that he watched when he was a boy. He remembers that this Saturday morning show utilized live actors including, he thinks, Elliot Gould as the giant who cobbled up little boys.

In this show according to Ryan, Jack woke up in the night and saw an extremely large bean stalk growing outside his bedroom window. He jumped out of bed clad in just a red Union Suit and climbed the stalk up into the clouds. He had various adventures in his long underwear. 

I do not remember seeing this show but will check to see if I can identify this production for Ryan. If any of you Union Suit Fans can shed light on this program email me at cayersnd@gmail.com. Thanks, Chris. 

          When reporting your emails on my blog, I only use first names and towns.


No comments:

Post a Comment