Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Ghost in the Attic, Ghost on the Stair, Ghost in the Parlor, Ghost in Underwear!

                                  Resident Ghost

Apparitions are nothing new to our public discourse. People swear they've sensed and, often times, seen them throughout the centuries. Many of us have had ghostly experiences. 

Much has been written about them. Charles Dickens' book, A Christmas Carol, comes immediately to mind. Movies have been produced celebrating various paranormal beings and events. How about my posting last fall featuring Ghostbusters II  in my companion blog, Union Suit Fans in the Limelight?! See my review of October 10, 2022. That film had some really scary, paranormal scenes. Even now, the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up just thinking about that movie and the challenges those fellas went through. 

A few nights ago, I watched Sixth Sense with Bruce Willis as Dr. Malcolm Crowe and Haley Joel Osmet as Cole Sear, a little boy who's haunted by “dead people.” I had not viewed this great movie in many years and had forgotten just how excellent the story line was. There were a ghost or two featured therein.

At about the same time, I received an email from Retro Jeff of Illinois. Jeff told me about a "resident ghost" who haunts his home, a 175 year old Greek Revival two story which he has extensively furnished with hundreds of items, dating from 1820 to 1870. In keeping with the historic character of his captivating residence, not surprisingly, Jeff admits to wearing union suits. He tells me, “I'm retro right down to my underwear!”

It begs the question then, as they say, why wouldn't his home make the perfect haunt for a ghost from the 19th century. Well, according to Jeff, it does! And, he can prove it. A photo is worth a thousand words.

Apparently, the apparition wanders about the house, turning up here and there. The curious thing about Jeff's resident ghost is that it too wears long underwear, the one-piece, button down the front, kind. While Jeff chooses to wear red, gray and white long underwear, he is yet to see his apparition appearing in anything but a white union suit. I suppose any self-respecting ghost would not be caught dead, 'er I mean alive, wearing say, a red union suit. No, I imagine, a ghost's underwear would most assuredly be white.   


Oh, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Jeff's doppelganger ghost never floats around without his black top hat. Not a believer? Skeptical? Well, One dark and stormy night, Jeff was able to snap a picture of this paranormal phenomenon!

Take a look and feel the hairs stand up on the back of your neck!


Resident Ghost





                A Big Shout Out to Jeff for Sharing His Hair-raising Story!


5 comments:

  1. Great story Retro Jeff. Thanks for sharing. I take it that is you in the red union suit……..Buckeye Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me Buckeye. Without the top hat, I'm just another guy in a union suit! Glad you liked the story. --------- Retro Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo scared the pants off me!.... Rhode Island Randall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well send us a pic of you scared pantless already…..Buckeye Mike

      Delete