Saturday, April 15, 2023

Ghost in The House, Ghost in My Bed, 

Ghost in Long Underwear, Ghost That I Dread!

                      Ghost In A Red Union Suit

Speaking of a ghost wearing a union suit which I was in my last posting of Retro Jeff's “Resident Ghost,” Beth Armstrong had a real life incident with an apparition that climbed into bed with her late one night. And just as I concluded that ghosts worth their salt wear only white union suits, along comes Beth who experienced a ghost wearing long red underwear. Here's her story:


“This event took place in August of 1993 in Minot, North Dakota. My husband was working out of town and I was home alone. It was 2:05 am as I could see the clock on my nightstand. I had been sleeping several hours when, all of a sudden, I felt somebody in bed with me! I was absolutely terrified. I knew I would be attacked any second! Someone must have broken into the house.

“Heart pounding, I lay there, adrenaline flowing full force, waiting for him to make his move. After lying there several minutes, getting my fear under control, I realized this man was sound asleep. He was not snoring, like my husband would have been, but he was fast asleep. Another 20 minutes went by while I laid very quietly...he was still asleep.

“By this time I had calmed down somewhat and realized the strangest thing, I loved this man. I loved him more than I had ever loved anyone and knew in my heart he would not harm me. But, still I was afraid to wake him up. I thought to myself, is this man real? I decided to find out without waking him. Very slowly, very carefully, I reached over and touched him... everywhere... except on his face. I pulled off his blanket which he had apparently pulled over himself when he slipped into bed with me. I took my time about all this as I did not want to wake him. He was a real, live, breathing man. He was much smaller than my husband, had reddish blonde hair, a beard, and was wearing red long underwear! I think his underwear was called a union suit back in the old days.



Looking at him, I still had no idea who he was except for the fact that I loved him! By this time the adrenaline rush had worn off and I was exhausted, worn out, thinking about this barefoot stranger next to me in a red union suit.

"I was so very, very tired, I went back to sleep. When I woke in the morning, he was gone. I have often wondered, why didn't I check myself out? Was I me, in my present body? If he was wearing long red, old-timey underwear, what would I have been wearing? I think possibly, I may have slipped back into another time period and another life. Perhaps as a pioneer woman. I have never had this happen before or since, and I don't want this to happen ever again."



3 comments:

  1. This story just proves, once again, that the gals love a guy in a union suit! --------- Retro Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good story. And wouldn't many Union Suit wearers like to slip back to those days if only for a night,with
    a woman with pioneer spirit and cosey up next to her? Well, since this is a family site I'll leave it at that and
    wish every one a good night and pleasant dreams... Rich from Buffalo, N Y

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Beth. That was a truly unusual experience you had…….Buckeye Mike .

    ReplyDelete